Friday, September 27, 2013

Martini Time

It's the weekend and time to wind down from this past work week while gearing up for the next. There's nothing like a great cocktail to start your weekend off right. I love a good vodka martini and a while back my husband and I used to go to this little place on the upper east side called The Seahorse Tavern. Sadly, this place is now closed but when they were still thriving, they had really nice seafood, fun decor and a poppin' bar. My favorite drink-their Espresso Martini. I really enjoy espresso Martinis for several reasons-they're a great "to start" cocktail or a great "to end/dessert" cocktail. For me, it's not the type of drink I can throw back all night but a solid sipping drink. They also give you that great little pop of caffeine to keep the night going. I've had them in many places since and people seem to make them in a variety of ways. Sometimes they're quite thick and sweet, other times they're a little too watery or the espresso is too strong. The following is the best recipe I've found that's as close to the good ole Seahorse Tavern that I've been able to find...

The "Almost" Seahorse Tavern
Espresso Martini

1.5oz vanilla flavored vodka
1oz Kaluha
1 shot of freshly brewed espresso
Splash of whole milk (just a splash)
Ice to shake

Put all ingredients into a shaker and shake until frothy. Strain into a martini glass with a few espresso beans or a twist to garnish and enjoy!


R.I.P Seahorse Tav...your Espresso Martinis will live on!


No comments:

Post a Comment