Thursday, September 26, 2013

Start Your Day Light & Go Green!

Well, with all this yummy eating, occasionally I need to take a break. One of my stay slim secrets, while eating my face off is...(drumroll please!)-GREEN JUICE! One thing you will not see much of on my blog is breakfast foods. I do LOVE eggs and you may see a few breakfast for dinner type recipes, but in general, I don't really eat breakfast. I drink it! My breakfast almost always consists of either a green juice or one of my fruit and spinach smoothies (recipes to come!). I start my day off light and for me it's a life saver. If you don't have a juicer, I suggest investing in one. A juicer makes it so easy and is way cheaper than buying a green juice everyday. I just pick a day to juice up a few servings, pour into cute little mason jars and store in the fridge. Adorable and so good for you! Green juice is a perfect start to your morning-refreshing, full of nutrients and it'll make your skin glow. It's literally starting your day of with a salad. Even if you make less than perfect (or just straight up poor) choices the rest of the day, you still did something good for your body first thing. The following is my favorite green juice recipe, I swear by it. No boring juice options here! You'll get addicted and be glad for it.

Drink Up's Green Juicy Juice

1-2 servings

2 medium sized green apples, cut into small pieces
1 lemon
hand full of kale
hand full of spinach
1 medium sized cucumber
2 celery stalks
1 inch piece of fresh ginger

*optional-add wheat grass, parsley or cilantro

Add all ingredients into a juicer and serve cold!




When I can't make juices myself I have several spots I like to hit up depending on where I am. At home in NYC, Juice Generation - http://juicegeneration.com makes a killer Supa Dupa Green Juice. That being said, the cup seems to be getting smaller and smaller while their prices continue to increase...:-( BUT their juice is still very tasty and they have a bunch of locations so I still think it's worth it.

When I'm visiting my hometown in Athens, I've really fallen for Journey Juice - http://journeyjuice.com. They're the first "juice bar" to open in the area and I'm so happy they did! Their juices are really amazing and the owners are dolls. They even have their own cleanses! 



Now go and enjoy every sip! Drink up!

No comments:

Post a Comment