Saturday, October 19, 2013

Eat & Drink Up at NYC's Food & Wine Festival

It's time that of year for foodies and chefs alike to come together for what I consider to be one of the best & most flavorful weeks in NYC, New York City's Food & Wine Festival-http://www.nycwff.org. Ticket prices range from $25-$250+ and there are still tickets available for events today and tomorrow if your local and interested. You can attend seminars, cooking classes, partake is tasty tastings, sing Karaoke with Morimoto or enjoy brunch with Paula Dean. Not only can you eat and drink your face off but you actually have the chance to rub elbows with some of the countries (and worlds) Top Chefs. I have had some amazing times both working and attending numerous tastings at NYC F&W. To all my local peeps that haven't been be sure to plans for next year! It's always held mid-Oct and is usually announced in the spring so you have plenty of time to plan. Some of my favorite events are the "talks" (these are usually fairly inexpensive as little to no food/bev is served), the Burger Bash (an assortment of NYC's finest!) and The Art of the Taco with Bobby Flay (always includes a tequila sponsor...hell. yes). Below are a few of my fave images from F&W's past...



About 2 years back, I attending a tasting of fried chicken from all across the 5 boroughs that included one of my favorite spots, Blue Ribbon. I could hardly contain my excitement. 


Dessert anyone?


More Fried Chicken...


The famous Red Rooster...


...and it's equally as famous owner, the talented, Marcus Samuelsson. 


Pampano-one of my favorite midtown Latin restaurants


So Chef Flay was quite nice but I noticed he didn't really take pics with fans. Not that he said no or anything but that no one really asked. He has a very intense presence and I'm pretty sure that if I wasn't in the industry/a girl, this pic may not have happened...but it did and I (and my mother) love him.


My hubby with one of our favorites, David Burke!


"The Sandwich King"!!! 


Chef Anne Burrell was bombarded with picture requests. To my pleasant surprise, she took a pic with everyone who asked. It took her like 30 minutes to eat one taco due to the interruptions. I had the pleasure with working with her later on a filming at Zengo Restaurant and she was also super pleasant. 

Buy your tickets early! The best and most celebrity filled events sell out fast!

No comments:

Post a Comment