Wednesday, October 30, 2013

SUR: Sexy Unique (& Delish) Restaurant

For those of you into reality TV, you may have already heard of this West Hollywood hotspot. SUR-http://surrestaurantandbar.com is co-owned by Beverly Hills Real Housewife, Lisa Vanderpump and home to reality show, Vanderpump Rules. For now, let's just forget about the fact that there are two hit reality show's filmed here AND that they have the sexiest staff members I've seen in any restaurant/club anywhere and move on to the "important" stuff...the food and the drinks.

THE FOOD-I wasn't expecting much. Like with most hotspots the decor is always amazing, they're great for people watching & the DJ's are always sick but often times the quality of the food (if they even serve any) is sub par. Well, not here. Everything my friends and I ordered was fantastic.

We had the following...

The Shrimp and Crab Cakes-So good! Nice and meaty, not too much filler and perfectly browned. 

The Fried Goat Cheese Balls-"I could bathe in a bath of these balls..."- my friend, Jamie. They really were the jam. 

Chicken & Shrimp Steamed Dumplings-I loved that they were steamed! These little pockets of goodness had lots of bite to the dumpling skin, flavorful filling and served with Thai chili sauce. Yum!

The Skirt Steak-One of the better restaurant skirt steaks I've had. It was perfectly cooked to my preferred med-rare and served with a fresh salad and crispy fries. 

The Fish of the Day Special (Grouper)-I did not try this dish but my other friend Jason said it was the best fish he's ever had! He also commented that the skin was nice and crisp. Sounds like a winner to me!

*side note-the service was great as well. Our sweet (and of course gorgeous) server brought me out a cake for my birthday and even sang! Those of us in hospitality know how much it sucks to be a birthday singer...Oy.

THE DRINKS-SUR has a great cocktail list shaken up by bartenders that look like they just stepped out of a GQ ad (big bonus!). We had the Lychee Martinis and they were amazing. Had one of my girlfriends from Boston not sent over 2 bottles of Prosecco (Yes...2 bottles for 3 people. It was a long night.), I certainly would have tried more. I did see a Strawberrini come out that looked pretty delectable...

IN SHORT-SUR may be more known for being a "celeb hotspot" and having a super sexy staff but for any foodie skeptics out there I suggest giving it a shot. It was an all around great experience from the ambiance to the food to the drinks. I need to go catch up on my reality TV! Well done Mrs. Vanderpump, well done.


So part of the ambiance is almost complete and udder darkness at night making it hard to take pics. I did my best and you can also view great images on their website and twitter page. 
Above: The Shrimp & Crab Cakes and Steamed Dumplings...


The Goat Cheese Balls Jamie wanted to bathe in. I seriously could have eaten 20 of them. 


The beginning of the end...happy 30th birthday to ME! Cheers!



No comments:

Post a Comment