Sunday, December 15, 2013

Balance the Holiday Binging & Boozing with Two Easy Tips!

Ah the holidays! It's the time of year for family, friends, food and booze. Like everyone else in the world, I love a good party and it seems like this time of year is chock full of them. This means I try to be even more diligent with working out, my green juicy juice and drinking my fruit & spinach breakfast smoothies. I wanted to share a few of my other stay slim/cleansing tips. It's not just about keeping your weight down but really about how you feel. You're not going to be any fun at that party with your stomach in knots. I have 2 cleansing tips that aid in digestion, cleanse your system and will help you feel your best (even if you're like me and plop yourself by the bar and cheese tray). I try to do these little rituals everyday, all year round but I make extra sure I follow through during the holidays.

1.) First thing in the morning-drink a cup of hot water with lemon. FIRST THING! This helps cleanse your system and gives you a boost of Vitamin C which we all need this time of year. I read about this tip from the amazing Kimberly Snyder. Check out her website for additional healthy tips and tricks. 

2.) Before dinner and/or before a big meal/party where you know you'll big eating and drinking a lot. Drink apple cider vinager. Not the refined stuff you find at Walmart. It needs to be raw and containing "the mother". This trick has saved me many times. I also do this after a big meal although I find it more effective to do it before. See image and instructions below! 




Fresh, organic lemons!


Cleansing hot water with lemon


Mix a tsp of this stuff with a cup of water and drink 20 mins before dinner or a big meal. 
Let the digestion begin!

No comments:

Post a Comment