Sunday, December 1, 2013

Recipe Alert: Tis' the Season for Pecan Pie!

As you all know I'm not a huge sweets person. Even more so, I'm not a big pie person. If I'm going to eat sweets, I usually prefer cake, chocolate or chewy, homemade cookies-YUM! All of this being said I think my mother-in-law has recently turned me into a Pecan Pie lover. You would think being from the south I would have picked up on the Pecan Pie love, especially since it's one of my dad's absolute favorite desserts. Bottom line-my mother-in-law Linda makes the best. After devouring like an entire pie over the past couple days, I asked her for her recipe. To my surprise it's super easy and a guaranteed holiday crowd pleaser...Bake away!

LINDA'S PERFECT PECAN PIE

Homemade Pie Crust 
If you're too busy or just lazy (like myself;-)) you can sub a store bought crust.

1 1/2 c all-purpose flour
1/2 t salt
1/4 c shortening & 1/4 c butter
4-5 T cold water

Mix flour & salt with butter and shortening. Mix will not be smooth but "pebbled". Mix with water and knead. Roll out and press into pie pan. 

Pre-bake 10 minutes at 375 degrees and cool.

The Yummy Filling

3 large eggs, beaten
1 t vanilla 
3/4 c sugar
1/3 c melted butter
2 T real/pure maple syrup of choice-good quality
1 c light corn syrup
1 1/2 c chopped pecans (can toast if preferred)
Dash of cinnamon

Mix all of the above together well and fill pre-baked or store bought pie crust. 
Bake at 350 degrees for 50 minutes.

Top with vanilla ice cream or whipped cream and enjoy! Serve hot or cold-amazing either way.


MMMMMmmmmmmmmm!


No comments:

Post a Comment