Saturday, January 18, 2014

Haven-A Manhattan Vibe on the Rivers Edge

My husband heard about this spot opening up through some friends who live in the area. A new restaurant with Manhattan Chef Peter Larson (think Artisinal & Marsielle) and city views? I was down. Haven Riverfront Restaurant & Bar is the jam. A hip Manhattan vibe, with Manhattan quality food and prices to match. One thing I love about this restaurant is you have a fantastic view from almost every table. The cocktail list is spectacular. They have my favorite Lychee Martini along with a dozen other signature and seasonal cocktails. The bar and lounge area is great, a perfect place to enjoy a cocktail before going to your table. They even have happy hour! Woo hoo!

On to the food...where do I begin? We've been there twice and I've enjoyed every bite of everything. Menu stand outs include-

Pretzel Crusted Calamari with mustard scallion remoulade and spicy marinara-One of the best calamari dishes I've ever had. The calamari is cooked to perfection, not the least bit chewy and the crust is nice and crunchy. I loved both dipping sauces.

The Pan Seared Sea Scallops with chorizo and potato foam-The scallops were great but I have to say I was super impressed with the potato foam. It was like airy, buttery mashed potatoes. OMG.

The Caesar Salad-I know this may seem a little ridiculous as it's just a salad right? WRONG! First of all, it's huge and includes quail eggs and olive tapenade toast points...so good.

The Spice Crusted Filet and Miso Glazed Sea Bass are a must as main dishes. Ryan and I couldn't decide which one we liked best! A bonus-the presentation of all the dishes was stunning. I love pretty food:-)

Make a reservation and get there early to request a table right by the window. Then go enjoy a drink at the bar before the feast begins. Have fun kids!




Dranks-My Lychee Martini and Ryan's Manhattan


The most heavenly Caesar Salad...yes, those toast points are covered with a savory olive tapanade. Yum.



Delicate Raw Oysters...


Buttery Miso Glazed Sea Bass


Chocolate Bread Putting made with fresh, homemade crossiants...Omg.

Eat up!




No comments:

Post a Comment