Saturday, February 1, 2014

My Top Three Favorite (& Healthy) Super Bowl Recipes!

First of all, Go Broncos!

Second, I love party food. Chips, dips, meats and cheeses, I love it all. I can really reek some havoc on myself if the spread is worthy. Lucky for me I have healthy friends and attempt to be healthy myself so I've tasted some pretty low-cal versions of my favorite snack foods. Below are my top three favorite and not completely bad for you recipes, perfect for tomorrow's game.

BETHENNY'S SPINACH & ARTICHOKE DIP
This recipe is so good...seriously like the real thing. I haven’t personally made the dish but pretty much all of my girlfriends are Bethenny Frankel fans so I’ve had the dish MANY times. Always amazing. I like it with soft pita bread but it’s also great with chips and if you want to be really healthy, cut up some fresh veggies!

FOOD.COM’S UNBELIEVABLE BAKED BUFFALO WINGS
Nothing says game day more than a platter of juicy wings. I adore chicken wings. Def a food usually not found on a “healthy” list. If you’re making wings at home, try baking them. This recipe's a sure winner. Serve with homemade blue cheese dip...Mmmmm.

My very own-Eat Up, Drink Up Guacamole
If you read my blog regularly, you know my obsession with avocados. This guacamole is healthy and delicious. I love serving guac with salty chips (not so healthy) but again, fresh veggies or even whole wheat or gluten-free pita is a good option. Yummy!

serves 3-4

2 ripe avocados
1/2 small red onion, diced fine
1/2 c tomatoes, diced
1 fresh jalapeƱo, diced fine (keep seeds for extra spicy flavor)
1 T fresh cilantro, roughly chopped
1 c frozen corn, thawed
1 t garlic, minced
salt and pepper to taste
the juice of 1 lime

Cut the avocados into halves. Remove the pit, and scoop out the pulp into a large bowl. Use a fork to mash the avocado. Stir in remaining ingredients and mix well. 
Cover the bowl, and refrigerate for 1 hour before serving. Eat up!



Tasty Tip-after mashing the avocados, add the lime juice first so your guacamole 
doesn’t start to brown. 


No comments:

Post a Comment