Thursday, February 13, 2014

TriBeCa HotSpot: The Butterfly

The Butterfly is a new cocktail bar & supper club located in NYC’s super hip TriBeCa neighborhood. I first read about this place in one of my celeb mags so I started to do a little digging. Come to find out, The Butterfly is part of Michelin-starred Chef Michael White’s Altamarea Group. I was ecstatic. I’m a HUGE Michael White fan and have been dying to try Marea on Central Park South since forever. Marea blog post to come...

I decided to meet one of my girlfriends here for dinner and arrived early for a drink. Their cocktail list is fantastic. Approachable yet very creative and fun. The bartender recommended The Paloma-a tequila & grapefruit soda mix of refreshing goodness. The drinks fluffy foam has salt and Aperol so every sip has just the right amount of saltiness. My friend got the Tom Collins (she’s a gin drinker) and said it was also delish.

The food menu, like the cocktail list, is super fun. Sort of hip diner fusion feel with specialties being their fried chicken and patty melt. We proceeded to order the following...

The Ruben Croquettes: OMG! Doesn’t the name just scream yumminess? Fried balls of corned beef and sauerkraut with a 1000 island dipping sauce. Um, yes please!

The Maple Bacon Skewers: Thick cut bacon + crispy brussel sprouts + maple syrup = Genius.

The Greek Salad: I know it sounds crazy but this was one of my favorite dishes. The salad was perfect. Chopped nicely with tons of tomato and cucumber, more so than lettuce, very “traditional" Greek. The feta cheese was perfectly creamy and flavorful. I’d go back just for the salad.

The Patty Melt: It was pretty damn good. I mean, I’m not sure I’d go back just for this but it was one of the better patty melts I’ve had. The caramelized onions were amazing and gave the sandwich a rich, sweet flavor. The fries were also on point. Thick and crispy.

All in all our dinner was a success and I’m happy I made the trip downtown. I was surprised I was able to call the night before and get a 7pm reservation on a Friday night. I have a feeling that may not be the case for long so go make your ressies and eat up!



The Paloma. Cheers!


Ahhhh the Ruben Croquettes. I mean, like, best idea ever.


My heavenly Greek Salad


The Patty Melt served with crispy fries...nom nom.

No comments:

Post a Comment